Sample Illustration Essay Topics: 20 Ideas Worth A Discussion
Illustration essays offer a broad range of topics for writing. Whenever we need something properly introduced, presented and analyzed, we are bound to turn to illustration writing. The greatest thing about this kind of writing is the possibility of making our statements and viewpoints visible to other people. Everything can be thoroughly illustrated – that is why it is appropriate to choose topics related to the areas of our expertise. An artist will be able explain what it takes to be a performer, while we can expect the same for a description of a healthy lifestyle from a professional basketball player.
Topics for a great illustrative essay can be found around us. In fact, it doesn’t take a long time for an individual to make an interesting choice.
Before we start reviewing some interesting topics, we must point out that this given kind of essay is the perfect choice for all stages of education (from elementary school to college students).
In order to help those who need to start writing at this very minute, we have managed to organize a useful list of topics that can be used as valuable samples for written assignments.
- Life of a professional athlete
- Secrets of maintaining a successful carrier
- How to write a song that could become a hit on the charts?
- How to become a sensation on the Internet?
- Influence of music on our mood
- Discovery of the technology behind smart phones
- Food as a remedy
- Standards of female beauty
- The most efficient method of losing weight
- Dealing with the consequences of a disease
- The power of addictions
- How to make money by playing on the street?
- How to save some money?
- Why do we love the social networks?
- Reasons of political confrontations in the world
- Peer violence and verbal confrontations
- Efficient use of our free time
- Influence of the movie industry on current fashion trends
- How to choose a profession based on personal abilities?
- Ideal location for a summer vacation
It’s a known fact that the choice of certain music can produce behavioral changes. Analyze this and name some performers that make you feel optimistic and energized.
How can we deal with our weight issues? Name the methods (exercises, reduction of portions, walking, running etc.).
An interesting topic about the worldwide phenomenon whose influence is still under assessment.
40 Interesting and Fun Illustration Essay Topic Ideas
- You should have thorough knowledge of the topic that you are writing about, based on extensive research.
- Do not just make up illustrations for the sake of it. Start with instances that exemplify the topic.
For instance, a scientific phenomenon can be aptly explained using day-to-day examples related to it. An argumentative topic can be justified better with illustrations pertaining to it. Giving an example always leads to better understanding of the point to be made. Following is a list of some interesting topic ideas for writing an illustrative essay.
- Illustrate the steps to choose a college to attend.
- Choosing the right quotes for the department's jersey.
- How to make a study schedule for weekends?
- How to choose a major in your sophomore year?
- What can you wear to class this winter?
- The menace of bullying in school and college
- The impact of Facebook of relationships.
- The government should offer free college and university education for all students.
- Students should always question what they are taught.
- Students should spend at least one semester studying in a foreign country.
- Should you pick courses of interest or ones that fetch good jobs?
- Should stem cell research be stopped?
- Should animals be used in laboratory testing?
- Should marijuana be legalized?
- How to take care of your pet?
- How to plan your diet?
- Has electronic media led to the downfall of print media?
- How is the public transport system in your city?
- Should cigarette smoking be banned?
- Is it infatuation or love?
- Should gay couples be allowed to marry?
- Hobbies that can help you make money.
- Clothes for different body types
- Places to visit in the U.S.
- A is A (Law of identity)
- Famous dictators in history
- Ill-effects of social networking
- Types of Italian wines
- Jobs you can take up during spring break
- Where there is a will, there is a way
- Best way to teach
- How to avoid being 'friendzoned'
- How to plan a 75th birthday party
- Steps to format your iPod
- The protagonist of your favorite book
- Rudeness is on the rise
- Friends cannot always be trusted
- Musicians and their songs dealing with social and political issues
- Good art can be ugly
- Whatever can go wrong, will go wrong
- Your best job experience
● "Money is the barometer of a society's virtue" ― Atlas Shrugged.
Do you agree with this statement? Would you adhere to the philosophical system of Objectivism?
● "Adding a capacitor bank improves the power factor of an installation". Elaborate.
● State reasons for the current drop in oil prices.
● "Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors". Give your views on this statement.
● (A scene from the movie "I'm Not There")
● Q: I would like to know what is at the center of your world.
A: Hmm, well, I'm 22. I guess I would say me.
Does the answer strike a chord with you? Do you believe you should be your first priority at this age?
Write your response to the following statements
● Heroes and idols reveal a society's highest ideals.
● In any field―business,politics,education―those in power should step down after 5 years.
● Lateral thinking is more important than mere knowledge in any field.
● We define ourselves by the social groups we identify with.
● The human mind will always be superior to machines.
- Your examples should be relevant.
- Follow an inverted pyramid structure while writing; which means, explain the thesis sentence early on.
- Do not beat around the bush. Come to the point with every example.
- Do not give too many examples, or stress on just one particular example.
- Pick a unique topic which would grab the reader's attention.
- Include images wherever possible.
- Your writing should be succinct yet pithy and should keep the reader hooked till the end
Thus, by choosing the right topic, you can make your illustration essay informative and fun to read. Hope this write-up helps in making it so.